Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sailing Away

Oh my goodness, one of the homeschooled kids in our circle just got his boat captain license. I don't know this kid, but I really didn't even know you needed a license to be the captain of a boat. I should have asked how old he was. I wonder if you have to be a certain age. I wonder if he had to take certain classes? I guess licensing makes sense for larger boats. We used to have a boat. Actually, we had two of them when we lived in Seattle back in 1999 but we didn't have any kind of special license to drive it or anything, maybe because it was just smaller. Oh boy, those were the days; I used to love going out on Lake Washignton after work. On sunny days, everyone in the city was out and smiling and enjoying the weather. I read that Seattle residents have a higher average IQ than anywhere else and also that Seattle residents read more than anywhere else. I am convinced it's because of the weather. Picture this; it's raining, and you're commuting on public transportation (otherwise you spend an hour driving 8 miles from Lynnwood to Seattle) and there's nothing else to do but read a book, right? And books make people smarter. It all makes perfect sense.

No comments: