Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fun for teens

In my mind, wearing makeup is ridiculous. I just can't imagine, on a daily basis, putting that stuff on my skin like that. It's just plain silly to me. But whatever, I'm sure I am the minority here.

 I've spoken with other women who don't wear makeup and many of them have self-proclaimed as "too lazy" and wish they could do it. I'm different, I don't want to and I actively think it's lame. But I know that my daughters should be able to choose to be ridiculous if they want. And, in order to avoid being sexist, if my sons (if I had sons) wanted to wear makeup I'd let them learn how to put it on, too.

 I always tell my kids that the girls at the makeup counter are a fun resource for learning how to put makeup on. They work with the stuff all day long and even though they spend their days in fluorescent lighting, they still pay attention to trends and techniques.

 I just realized that I lied. I do wear makeup. I wear one thing, it's Maybelline New York Superstay 24 in Hot Chili. It is a natural looking lip color that lasts 24 hours. I never have to reapply it during the day, not that I would.

It's all the foundation and blush and eye shadow and mascara and eye liner that makes me freak out.  I can't imagine not being able to suddenly get wet or rained on without looking like a clown.  And if all that stuff is waterproof, then what on earth are you washing your face with at night?

Anyway, I have given my kids makeup as gifts before, like theSHANY 2012 Edition All In One Harmony Makeup Kit, 25 Ounce, for example. If they choose to wear makeup when they're adults I don't want them to have to struggle with the application process and looking silly. I also don't want to make it taboo, so that they're sneaking behind my back in order to experiment with something that's harmless.
goodonlineshoppingsites.net

No comments: